Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Meeting God Half Way

...The title seems kinda funny I guess, why? well, what we think might be half way only seems a mere couple steps to the miles that God walked to meet us.

It's 2:08pm a couple hours past me walking out of the Emerald building in Missisauga, with an exam finished it feels good to sit down and do something other than study the complexities of an automotive system from Tires and wheels to the valves on Transmissions, from deisel right down to seat belts and so on and so on....I'm not complaining (much)...I'm pointing out the fact that there was alot to cover in three weeks time and it wouldn't have been possible without God, my dearest friends prayers and...... a little determination on my behalf (the mere couple steps)

The night before my exam (lastnight) I prayed for some sort of confirmation from God when I finished praying I opened the Bible to this specific thing..

1 Peter 5:10-11
(10) In his kindness God called you to his eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. (11) All power is his forever and ever. Amen.

God hasn't spoken to me like that in a while, or maybe I haven't listened for a while...but wow, man!

Before anyone gets excited...I don't have the results from my test and will have to wait till next Monday or Tuesday....yes I have to wait another week...making it (the suffering) one week more to wait....I feel good though not really good but I don't think that all of this was in vain....by all this I mean all the signs all the studying all the prayers all the doubt all the stern not quitting messages and fifty days of faith messages, having faith, getting in the water, never giving up and keep on keeping on.

I walked out feeling I wrote a 90% but later I had let my doubts sink in, I don't think that I failed this test though....I will be proven a fool if I have...but I will not be proven a fool...I must boast that my God wouldn't defer my hope and all my friends hope and make our hearts sick...I'll have faith wether it worked my way or not and who cares if I'm a fool...at least I'm a fool who loves God and tries his best to trust him no matter what....this was the right thing to do at the right time with the right people to encourage me (I won't say that someone isn't trying to make me doubt and fear a little)......So I stick to my promise....What do you need prayer for?....through all this, I discovered how important prayer really is...again.

6 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger mo said...

I was praying for 90%. I'm glad you felt that you did that well.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger The Reverend said...

Yeah! I'm hoping I did that well but I really will settle for a 70%

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger dawn2454 said...

Keep us informed and let us know how you do.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger The Reverend said...

I think you were right the first time...We made it.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger dawn2454 said...

CONGRATULATIONS JOSH ON PASSING YOUR EXAM. I THINK YOU HAD LOTS OF HELP FROM YOUR LOVELY WIFE, AND LOTS OF PRAYERS FROM YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS...BUT MOST OF ALL YOU HAD GOD ON YOUR SIDE FOR SUPPORT & HELP! GOD BLESS YOU BOTH IN WHATEVER THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR YOU!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger The Reverend said...

Thank you Dawn :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home